We can easily control Apple devices by showing our iPad’s screen on our Mac’s screen. It’s a quick way to do lots of tasks better. We have got choices to do this and can show the iPad screen on a bigger Mac display. We can show presentations, share files, enjoy podcasts and movies, and even have group meetings on the Mac.
For example, iPad and Macbook Air or Pro work as a team. We can copy Mac’s data on the iPad and iPad data on the Mac like a book. Additionally, this gives space for more apps, with no need for a new screen. We can do this without any cables and can move files around, control the Mac from far away, and enjoy the connection between the iPad and Mac. So if you want to benefit from this, then you must be aware of how can you connect an iPad to a Macbook Air.
How could we connect the iPad to the Macbook Air?
Here are all the methods for connecting iPad to the Macbook Air:
- We must confirm both devices are on the same Wi-Fi and have the same Apple ID.
- On the MacBook Air, we should go to System Preferences > Displays.
- Then we’ll Click “Add Display” next to the Mac’s name and pick our iPad.
- Or, on the MacBook, we’ll use Control Center > Screen Mirroring > iPad.
- And we’ll change the settings in the Screen Mirroring menu.
- Also, move stuff, and use features like Touch Bar and Apple Pencil.
- We’ll end by tapping Disconnect on the iPad.
- We just make sure that connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi.
- On MacBook Air, we should go to System Preferences > Sharing.
- And turn on AirPlay sharing.
- Then, we’ll pick Screen Sharing from the AirPlay options.
- On the iPad, we’ll also go to Control Center, and tap Screen Mirroring.
- After that, we’ll accept the pop-up on the MacBook screen.
Using Mac Reflector:
- We’ll Get a Reflector and install it.
- Then, we’ll open Reflector, click the Plus sign, and choose Apple.
- Also, select the iPad model.
- We must confirm that both devices share the same network.
- After that, we’ll choose the iPad, and click Connect.
- We’ll start mirroring with the Mirror button.
- And also End by clicking Stop Mirroring.
Using QuickTime Player:
- We’ll link iPad and MacBook with a USB cable.
- Then, we need to open QuickTime on the MacBook.
- And need to choose New Screen Recording from the File menu.
- Pick the iPad from the list.
- After that, we’ll Start sharing using the Record button.
- And also stop by clicking Stop in QuickTime’s toolbar.
Using AirDroid Cast:
- We’ll Get AirDroid Cast on both devices.
- Then, we’ll Open AirDroid Cast on the iPad, and tap screen mirroring.
- Also, choose AirDroid Cast.
- The iPad’s screen will appear on the MacBook.
These methods help us connect iPad and MacBook Air work together better, making it easy to share things and do more things between them.
In conclusion, if we connect iPad and Macbook Air it helps us to work together in a good way. We can use methods like Sidecar, AirPlay, Mac Reflector, QuickTime Player, and AirDroid Cast. These methods make it easy to share the iPad screen on MacBook, just like teamwork.
Moreover, this teamwork is great for doing work like showing presentations, sharing files, and even controlling the MacBook from an iPad. So, if you follow the methods that I talked about in this article, you can make your work easier and better.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’m William Faulkner, author of LaptopsU, a laptop & MacBook review blog. I’ve been writing about laptops & MacBook for over seven years now and I love it! In my reviews, I try to provide accurate information on the specs of each laptop & MacBook, as well as my opinion on how it performs.
I thrive on finding new laptops & MacBook to review and helping people make informed buying decisions. If you have any queries you can get in touch with me through following social media accounts.