To get the best performance of a Macbook, we should be aware of its storage usage and capacity. As we all used its apps and data, their storage capacity quickly filled up. Because of it, Mac’s speed slows down. For the best performance of the Macbook, it is essential to know about its storage capacity and how it manages it properly. This guide makes it simple for you to learn how to check the storage of your Macbook Air.
Understanding of Storage Usage
In this world, we have a lot of ways of storing data, so because of this, we forget that our computer storage space is not endless. A lot of programs, files, and software on a laptop can cause many problems. So regularly checking up the how much storage space we have left is important. We should aim to keep around ten percent of our space free so our computer works well.
We should get rid of those apps and files that are useful for us and we don’t want it. And this will make our Mac speedy. We should also know which apps and files are used most for our storage. This becomes especially important when we’re trying to download big files or move stuff around. So, knowing how much space we have left on our Mac is a big deal.
How can we find out the storage space on Macbook Air?
There are some ways through which we can Check the storage on Macbook Air:
1. About the Mac Method
- We should click the Apple menu and select “About This Mac.”
- Then click on “More Info.”
- Also, we’ll scroll down to find the hard drive icon in the “System Settings” section.
- We’ll see how much space is left on our MacBook Air.
2. System Information Method
- We’ll hold down the Option key and click the Apple menu.
- And choose “System Information.”
- After that, we’ll click on “Storage” in the “Hardware” section.
- Here, we’ll see details about our hard drive’s size and available space.
3. Finder’s Get Info Method
- Firstly we must make sure the MacBook’s drive is showing in the Finder sidebar.
- Then, we should click the MacBook’s name in the sidebar.
- Also, we should right-click the main volume and press”Get Info.”
- Lastly, we’ll see under “General” to see the total capacity and how much space is free.
4. Disk Utility Method
- We’ll open Spotlight by pressing Command + Space, then type “Disk Utility” and press Enter.
- Then we’ll choose the MacBook’s storage volume to see available space.
5. Quick Look Method
- We should allow “Hard disks” to be shown on the desktop in the Finder settings.
- Then, we’ll click our MacBook’s internal drive icon on the desktop.
- Also, press the Space key for a quick preview showing the total and available space.
These ways make it easy to see how much space is left on the MacBook Air. Regularly checking and freeing up space when needed will help the MacBook run without any trouble.
In the end, it’s really important to know how much space is being used on our MacBook Air. All the data we put on it, like files and apps, can fill the space over time and make it slow. To make sure the MacBook works well, you should regularly check how much space is left. You can do this in different ways by clicking on “About This Mac,” using “System Information,” checking “Get Info” in Finder, using “Disk Utility,” or just pressing the Space key. Doing this will help you to keep your MacBook Air running perfectly.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’m William Faulkner, author of LaptopsU, a laptop & MacBook review blog. I’ve been writing about laptops & MacBook for over seven years now and I love it! In my reviews, I try to provide accurate information on the specs of each laptop & MacBook, as well as my opinion on how it performs.
I thrive on finding new laptops & MacBook to review and helping people make informed buying decisions. If you have any queries you can get in touch with me through following social media accounts.