We make sure the safety of our Macbook, and a strong password plays an important role in it. This password is like a secret code that only knows the right and trusted people who use our laptop. The password should be changed from the one we use for our Apple ID. Sometimes changing the password is a very smart idea to stop bad people on the internet from trying to predict it and get into our laptops.
If they know our password then they can do bad things with our laptops and personal files. So, if you have a Macbook Air then it is very beneficial to know how to change the password on the Macbook Air. By knowing this you can save from many harmful consequences.
Steps to Change the Password on the Macbook Air
Here are the steps to follow for changing the password on Macbook Air:
- Firstly, we should click on the Apple menu located at the top-left corner of our screen.
- Then, choose “System Preferences” from the menu that appears.
- After that, in the System Preferences window, click on “Users & Groups.”
- If needed, click on the lock icon at the bottom left and enter the current password.
- Select the user account for which we want to change the password.
- Click on the “Change Password” button.
- We should Enter the current password in the “Old Password” field.
- We would enter the new password in the “New Password” field, then type it again in the “Verify” field.
- We can add a hint that helps us to remember the password if we forget it.
- Finally, we click on the “Change Password” button to save the changes.
Lastly, before entering the current password, we should choose a strong password for our Macbook. Strong passwords include upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters. By adding a strong password to our Mac, we secure not only Mac rather also protect our data.
In conclusion, protecting the Macbook with a strong password is the foremost and big part of its safety. But we should be careful with the password and make sure that only our close friends and family members know our password. And we must make sure that our password is different from the Apple ID password.
Changing this password sometimes is smart because it stops strangers from trying to get into the device. To change the MacBook Air password, you should just go to System Preferences, then Users & Groups, and follow the steps that are shown in this article.
The most crucial fact is we should always select strong passwords for our Macbook like big and small letters, numbers, and special symbols. This strong password doesn’t just make our MacBook safer but also keeps all our important things safe from any problems.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’m William Faulkner, author of LaptopsU, a laptop & MacBook review blog. I’ve been writing about laptops & MacBook for over seven years now and I love it! In my reviews, I try to provide accurate information on the specs of each laptop & MacBook, as well as my opinion on how it performs.
I thrive on finding new laptops & MacBook to review and helping people make informed buying decisions. If you have any queries you can get in touch with me through following social media accounts.