AirPods are pretty straightforward to pair with a MacBook, but much more challenging to pair with a Windows computer, such as an HP laptop or desktop. It isn’t your fault. The AirPods are designed to work seamlessly across all Apple devices. However, since AirPods use Bluetooth, they can be connected to any Bluetooth-enabled device.
Therefore, AirPods can be used with Windows laptops or desktops that are Bluetooth-enabled. Almost all modern HP laptops support Bluetooth, so AirPods can be used instead of or along with a MacBook.
How to Connect AirPods to HP Laptop
Here’s how to connect your HP laptop or desktop to AirPods.
- Go to the taskbar of Windows 10 and click the magnifying glass icon.
- Type Bluetooth in the search field, then click Bluetooth & other devices.
- Bluetooth must be enabled.
- To turn Bluetooth on, move the toggle to the right if it is off.
To begin pairing your AirPods, prepare them first.
- Make sure your AirPods are close to your laptop.
- It is time to open the AirPods case.
- Hold down the white pairing button on the charging case.
- A couple of times, the status light will flash white on the front of the case.
- You must release the pairing button.
In order to keep the AirPods paired, leave the case open. You will have to repeat the process if you close the case.
- Click on the Add Bluetooth or other device button in Windows.
- Choose Bluetooth from the “Add a device” menu. Windows may take a few minutes to detect your device.
- The AirPods will appear in the list of discovered devices when Windows finds your device. Double click the name of your AirPods.
- You’ll need to wait for the AirPods to pair with your HP laptop or desktop.
- As soon as it’s connected, click Done.
AirPods will automatically reconnect with your laptop once they’re within range. It is also possible to manually disconnect them.
AirPods Not Connecting to Windows 10
It may be necessary to manually change your computer’s default speaker if AirPods are not connected to Windows 10, laptop, or PC. Find out how to connect AirPods to a Chromebook. The following steps will assist you in resolving the problem:
- Use the Search Box in the taskbar to find Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, click View by and then select Large icons.
- Next, select Sound.
- Then select the Playback tab and highlight your AirPods.
- You can set your AirPods as the default speaker by clicking the Set Default button.
Instead of your computer’s default speakers, your laptop will now use your AirPods.
I’m William Faulkner, author of LaptopsU, a laptop & MacBook review blog. I’ve been writing about laptops & MacBook for over seven years now and I love it! In my reviews, I try to provide accurate information on the specs of each laptop & MacBook, as well as my opinion on how it performs.
I thrive on finding new laptops & MacBook to review and helping people make informed buying decisions. If you have any queries you can get in touch with me through following social media accounts.